Current Artifacts


The collection can be viewed before and after monthly meetings, or by special request. Please contact us at 717-361-9382 or info@etownhistory.com to set up a time to see our collection.

Buch Manufacturing Items

The Elizabethtown Historical Society is delighted to have on display rare Buch manufacturing items. The collection belongs to Elizabethtown Historical Society members Matt and Maryann Swartz who have graciously loaned the artifacts to the society. The display will run through October 1st. Buch Manufacturing, as the business was known in later years, was started by Addison Buch who moved to Elizabethtown in 1868 and started a foundry. The Buch Manufacturing plant closed in 1960 after nearly a hun...

Read More

Nineteenth Century Straw Cutter

Nineteenth century straw cutter arrived, added to our collection, given by a local resident.

Read More

Peach Alley School House

The Little Red Schoolhouse was built as a firehouse around 1860. During the Civil War, this was the Elizabethtown Borough Council chambers. Later it served as a one room schoolhouse, then home to the Elizabethtown Boy Scouts Troop No. 1, a recreation center, a private residence, an auto body shop and a storage shed. Since 1970 it has been the headquarters for the Elizabethtown Historical Society and is now a museum.

Read More

The collection can be viewed before and after monthly meetings, or by special request. Please contact us at 717-361-9382 or info@etownhistory.com to set up a time to see our collection.