The Little Red Schoolhouse was built as a firehouse around 1860. During the Civil War, this was the Elizabethtown Borough Council chambers. Later it served as a one room schoolhouse, then home to the Elizabethtown Boy Scouts Troop No. 1, a recreation center, a private residence, an auto body shop and a storage shed. Since 1970 it has been the headquarters for the Elizabethtown Historical Society and is now a museum.