The Elizabethtown Historical Society is delighted to have on display rare Buch manufacturing items. The collection belongs to Elizabethtown Historical Society members Matt and Maryann Swartz who have graciously loaned the artifacts to the society. The display will run through October 1st. Buch Manufacturing, as the business was known in later years, was started by Addison Buch who moved to Elizabethtown in 1868 and started a foundry. The Buch Manufacturing plant closed in 1960 after nearly a hundred years of operation. The buildings were torn down in the 1980's and stood where Advance Auto and the neighboring bank stand today on South Market Street.